Consider our frameless Ultra HD pearl-metallic prints mounted behind vivid Acrylic Glass. Full 1-year Guarantee!
Side profile showing the amazing depth of our 1/4" HD mounted prints behind Acrylic glass with standard white backing. Unlike traditional framed/matted prints, acrylic float mount technology collects ambient light and appear to be backlit!
H-D Gallery quality prints mounted behind vivid Acrylic glass by Thomas Schoeller
Unsurpassed detail, Vibrant, Luminous, Breathtaking
This media represents the new standard of excellence for all Luxury Fine Art photography prints They are ready to hang the moment your order arrives and provide you with a stunning modern art gallery look. No need for external framing or expensive custom cut mats! They come standard with recessed float mount hardware attached to the reverse side that securely mounts the print 1/2" from the wall surface using french cleats.
The print colors are vibrant and the detail and resolution are astounding! Crystal clear acrylic glass traps light that is reflected off the face mounted print giving the viewer the appearance that the artwork is illuminated from behind. This presentation medium is the pinnacle of Fine Art photography and you've never seen a more powerful and stunning print. These are the most impressive finished gallery quality pieces that I offer.
Behind the Scenes Process
The process begins with the artwork being printed on H-D Pearl/Metallic photographic fine art papers. The prints are then face mounted from behind using ultra thin layer transparency adhesive technologies to optically clear and hand polished 1/4" thick acrylic glass - precision cut with highly polished edges. The recessed float mount framing is then attached to the back side of the print. Choose from 2 float mount backing options.
Standard Float Backing (No Extra Cost) or Upgrade to DiBond for Luxury Sized Prints
Standard Acrylic float mounts: A White Backing material is mounted to the reverse side of the print, and then a recessed float mount frame is attached. The artwork is easily wall mounted using a French cleat hanger. This allows the piece to hang without the need for a frame, providing a sleek, modern and clean gallery appearance. This is the most economical Acrylic option, the recessed float mount frames are no extra cost and it's the most popular seller. The 1/4" thick acrylic glass is strong & sturdy for print sizes up to 48". If you prefer additional rigidity it's available by choosing aluminum Dibond backing.
DiBond Backing: This is an extra cost option that I recommend for luxury sized acrylic glass prints of 48" or larger. Dibond is a very strong and rigid aluminum and works well with acrylic prints in that range. Dibond backing adds an extra 1/8" thickness to the 1/4" acrylic glass. The most noticeable difference between Dibond and the standard acrylic float mounts is both the recessed float mount frame and the Dibond backing are all black.
Some Frequently Asked Questions about Our Acrylic Glass mounted prints
FAQ: (About External Frames) I love the look of a framed print. Can these Acrylic prints be Framed?
YES. You simply need to communicate this to me during the ordering process. I'll have your order crafted without Float Mount framing. It won't be needed since the external framing will now have a wire hanger.
My personal opinion on having my acrylic mounted prints framed. They look incredibly awesome! Just please have this done professionally so I can sleep soundly at night.
Tip: It's so easy to frame these! To add an external frame around my acrylic glass prints, you'll need a frame with a rabbet depth of 5/16" to about 1/2". Rabbets are simply grooves that are cut on the reverse sides of all picture frames that allow you to slip the artwork securely into place! If the frame you pick has a deeper rabbet , no worries! You'll never see it since it's on the back side. Your frame shop will add an inexpensive 1/16" thickness plain backer board behind the acrylic print for additional protection. To secure the acrylic in place, they use what's called a point gun, glazier points or a framers staple gun. They prevent the acrylic glass from moving in the rabbet groove. It takes just a few minutes labor and the stuff is inexpensive!
FAQ: Framing an Acrylic print vs. purchasing a Paper print and having it Mounted/Matted and Framed. Is there an advantage choosing the Acrylic print?
I'm asked about this often. There's simply no comparison, both Acrylic glass mounted prints and my Aluminum dye sublimated (Metal prints) floats are far superior to traditionally mounted prints. The initial cost may seem higher, but in the end, your total investment is lower and the quality is incomparable.
Here are some details to consider:
- Acrylic glass mounted prints are a full 1/4" thick which adds dimension to the presentation. It is optically pure. It is durable and rigid, this is the preferred way to flawlessly mount one of our fine art prints.
- Custom cut mat boards and foam core backer board not required. This represents significant savings passed over to you.
- Ultra H-D Pearl/metallic papers are precision mounted behind vivid and crystal clear acrylic glass sheets using ultra thin layer transparency technologies that adhere the art prints perfectly flat without ripples or curls. We are talking precision accuracy!
- The transparent adhesive layer is infused with iridium particles, and when properly lit for display this layer virtually traps the reflected light off the H-D Pearl/Metallic print finish! Unlike old style traditional framed art prints, this new technology has the appearance of being back-lit with amazing clarity and dynamic color.
- Acrylic Glass mounted prints have a luminescence that adds to the overall appeal of owning such a luxurious museum grade sleek gallery print product! The higher the quality of light you can apply to your presentation (halogen and LED are best) my acrylics simply glow! The only media that rivals the appearance quality are my Aluminum Dye-Sublimated floats.
- Lastly, Acrylic glass-mounted prints are by nature far more durable than any traditional framed & matted printed photograph.
FAQ: I love the glass mounted acrylic and plan to have it framed. So, when I'm placing my order, I won't need the recessed float mount hardware. (since frame shop installs traditional eye hooks and wire for hanging) How do I tell you when I place my order I am having it externally framed when it arrives at my home?
I've made this easy using any of 3 methods.
1) At checkout, I have a comment box appear for clients to add notes. Type in the comment box: "Hey Tom, Just ordered an acrylic float mount and I'm having it framed dude! Please leave off the float mount hardware!" I will confirm your request by email or phone call, your choice.
2) Call me direct! If you prefer, call me at (860) 671-0263. If I'm unable to pick up at that moment, leave a message that you ordered an acrylic print and you plan to have it framed. Just be sure to tell me your name so we don't confuse your order. (I'll confirm your call ASAP- and call ya back!)
3) Send me a note using the CONTACT form. I will reply to your message ASAP to confirm that your order will not include the float mount hardware.
FAQ: How do I care for and clean my new Acrylic Glass H-D print?
They are easy to keep clean and maintain. The acrylic glass surface is subject to scratches or scuffs if they accidentally come in contact with sharp or abrasive materials. A diamond ring swipe could scratch, and rough sandpaper would scuff the surface. My 1-year product quality guarantee does not cover handling damage.
- If you were to get any fingerprints or smudges, dust or airborne particles that settle on the glass surface here is how you clean it. Do NOT use ammonia based solutions. All you need are (2) clean soft cotton cloths and a mild blend of gentle soapy water. Use one slightly dampened cloth, and gently wipe the print surface, then buff with the dry cotton cloth.
- Avoid harsh direct Sunlight! Direct sunlight will fade any fine art print over time. Although Acrylic's 1/4" glass offers better UV protection than conventional framed/matted paper prints harsh sunlight will eventually damage the print by sun bleaching the color pigments. Ambient room light is acceptable, and of course, the ultimate choice to illuminate your new Acrylic is either halogen or LED bulbs.
- Avoid extreme humidity! Sauna rooms and master bath suites are subject to acute airborne moisture (steam) which after time can find it's way between the glass and the thin transparent adhesive. Best advice: If your master suite vent fan can keep your mirrors from steaming up, your pretty safe.
FAQ: Do you have a better media option for your prints in high humidity or areas prone to water?
I can solve that dilemma for you! My Aluminum dye-sublimated floats (metal prints for short) are perfectly suited for any humid, wet and splashy environment. Water has no effect on them! Hang them in your tropical lanai, sauna or bath, even a garage or workshop.
Consultations To Discuss your Print Purchase
I will gladly provide a consultation over the phone to provide advice and expertise. I'm honored and privileged to provide you with this service for free. I will assist you in any way I can to help guide you through the process. The best time to reach me is usually after 4:30 pm EST weekdays and try me anytime weekends after 9 am. Please leave a message if I'm unable to answer at the time. (860) 671-0263
This presence of this badge signifies that this business has officially registered with the Art Storefronts Organization and has an established track record of selling art.
It also means that buyers can trust that they are buying from a legitimate business. Art sellers that conduct fraudulent activity or that receive numerous complaints from buyers will have this badge revoked. If you would like to file a complaint about this seller, please do so here.
The Art Storefronts Organization has verified that this business has provided a returns & exchanges policy for all art purchases.
High definition Acrylic Glass mounted print workmanship is backed by a FULL YEAR guarantee! This includes Dibond backing substrate and hanger integrity. (Who else does that?) Artwork showing signs of neglect or mishandling including vandalism are not covered. (See accidental damage below) SHIPPING: ANY print that is damaged in transit from me to you is eligible for an exchange. Damage from transit handling must be reported to me within 24 hours of arrival for resolution. Damage claims must be returned to me direct for inspection, or a high-quality photo of the damage via email is acceptable. Fine Art Paper prints and Canvas Prints are quality guaranteed a full 30 days from purchase. Any damage caused by mishandling/vandalism/mounting/matting and framing or exposure to elements is not guaranteed. ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE: IF in the event your artwork is accidentally damaged in any way within the first 12 months of purchase I will provide that client/collector a discount of 30% to replace the artwork as originally purchased, not including shipping cost. You will need to return the damaged print product, or if the damage is very obvious email me clear photo(s). It is highly suggested you protect your investment as collectible art on either your Homeowners policy or Renter insurance!
This website provides a secure checkout with SSL encryption.
The Art Storefronts Organization has verified that this Art Seller has published information about the archival materials used to create their products in an effort to provide transparency to buyers.
Descriptions of each Fine Art presentation are available for you to read by hovering Presentation Options in the menu options at the top of each page. Left click on ANY of the media presentations that I offer.
This is only visible to you because you are logged in and are authorized to manage this website. This message is not visible to other website visitors.
Click on any Image to continue
Below, select which favorite lists you would like to save this product into.
SAVE 20% ON YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Enter your email below and we'll email you a 20% OFF Coupon right now!
This offer is valid for NEW CUSTOMERS only!